Bridging the Language Gap
Creating a Plug-in for Patient-Professional Communication. This is a case study shared by Mats Granström from our sister CompanyInterverbum Technology.
- Will patients understad their Medical record online?
- Do health info sites understand the patient?
- Make Watson/decison support systems speak other languages than English?
- Support professional use of standard Medical language?
- Technical: build a translation platform by integrating existing Tools
- Communications: enable and facilitate good understanding between patients and professionals
PILOT: heart attack
- Medical records online
- Added support and service to 1177.se, helsenorge.no...
- Point-of-care app development
- Making Watson (Big Data decision support systems) multilingual
- Prompting professionals to use standard medical terminology in medical records
- Support automation of medical translations etc.
Process going forward
Looking for implementation partners for
- Validating patient terms
- testing system functions